The article dwells on the association of the language of mediaeval chronicles “The History of Masud” with contemporary Tajik vernaculars on the example of the used pronouns and pronominal suffixes. Designing on the premise of factual material, it is elicited that the usage of some pronouns in unusual forms or in special functions enjoys the history of millennium. On the basis of valid arguments the author comes to the conclusion that in the book “Masud’s History” (the XI-th century) the pronouns Shumo was used for the form of the 2-nd person both in singular and plural. Consequently, the given phenomenon can’t be considered as “innovation” ascribed to the bearers of northern vernaculars of the Tajik language by some researchers.
It is underscored that the practice of using shortened forms of some grammatical elements associated with pronouns is also traced back to ancient traditions.
“The History of Masud” language, vernacular, dialect, association, mediaeval monuments, pronoun, pronominal suffix, variant
1. Abdullozoda R. Folk Expressions. – Dushanbe: Knowledge, 1974. – 204 pp.
2. Baykhaki, Khodja Abulfazl Mukhammad ibni Khusayn. The History of Baykhaki. Preparation of the text, introduction, notes and indications by Sayfulloh Mullojon. – Dushanbe: Bukhara, 2014
3. Samed Vali; Khudodod, Azam. A Glimpse of Shining Star. – Dushanbe: Print, 2001. – 317 pp.
4. Dehhudo A. Dictionary. V. 29. Tehran, 1373 hijra – 568 pp.
5. Zalemann K. G. Zhukovsky V. A. – Brief Grammar of New-Persian Language with Appendix of Metrix and Bibliography, SPb, 1890. – 189 pp.
6. Makhmudov M., Djurayev H., Berdiyev B. The Dictionary of Southern Dialects of the Tajik Language. – Dushanbe, 2012. – 874 pp.
7. Rastorguyeva V. S. Essays on Tajik Dialectology. Issue 3. – M.: USSR AS publishing-house. 1956. – 190 pp.
8. Rastorguyeva V. S., Molchanova E. K. Middle Persian Language // Middle Iranian Languages. – M.: Science, 1981. – pp. 6 - 147
9. Rastorguyeva V. S., Molchanova E. K. The Parfyan Language // Middle Iranian Languages. – M.: Science, 1981.- pp. 147 - 232
10. Rumi Dj. The Poem about Concealed Sense. Preparation of the text, compilation, translation by Badriddin Aliyev and Ali Mukhammadi Khurosoni. – Tehran, 1379 // 2001. – 728 pp.
11. Siyoyev B. The History of Tajik Language Pronouns. – Dushanbe, 1972. – 235 pp.
12. Siyoyev B. Formation of Pronouns in the Tajik Language. – Dushanbe: Cognition. 2002. – 495 pp.
13. Siyoyev B. Formation of Pronouns in the Tajik Language. Synopsis of doctoral dissertation in philology. – Dushanbe, 2003. – 57 pp.
14. Hasanov A. Lexical and Morphological Elements of the Monuments of the X-th – the XII-th Centuries in Northern Varnaculars (Western Ferghana Region). – Khujand: Light of Enlightenment, 2003. – 254 pp.
15. Honlari P. N. Historic Grammar of the Persian Language. Part one. – Tehran, 1369 hijra. – 254 pp.
16. Shamiso S. Stylistics of Prose. Tehran, 1357 hijra. – 147 pp.
17. Shariat M. Dj. Grammar of the Persian Language. The fifth edition. Tehran, 1357 hijra. – 328 pp.
Sharifov B. Morphological Peculiarities of “Badoe-ul-Vakoye”. – Dushanbe: Knowledge, 1979. – 215 pp