The author explores the connection of the language of the beautiful paragon referring to the memoir literature of Middle Ages being one of the outstanding works of the XVI-th century with contemporary Tajik vernaculars. Designing on the premise of rich factological material from the work by Zainiddin Vosifi, the author convincingly proves that though a part of lexical elements of the century overstepped the limited norms, however, they preserved in Tajik vernaculars of different regions and Tajik-speaking enclaves of foreign countries in the forms close to primordial ones or in altered variants.In the course of the analysis it has been established that in contemporary Tajik vernaculars there preserved not only concrete meanings of lexical and compound words, but some meanings of words being polysemantic in their time either.
“Badoe-al-vahoye” by Zainiddin Vosifi, legacy of ancestors, Tajik vernaculars (southern, south-eastern, northern), evolution of form and semantics, ancient meaning, primordial Tajik words, Arabic borrowings
1. Aini S. Vosifi and Brief Transposition of “Badoe-ul-vakoye”. – Dushanbe: Cognition, 1985. – 335 pp.
2. Abayev V. I. Compound Words as Custodians of Ancient Lexicon // Issues of Linguistics. -M.: Science, 1983, N4. -pp. 75-85.
3. Vosifi Zaynuddin Makhmud. Badoe-ul-vakoye. Preparation by M. Dilovarov, M. Sodikova. – Dushanbe: Central Scientific Editorial Board of Tajik Soviet Encyclopedia. – Dushanbe, 2014. – 730 pp. (all examples being adduced from this edition).
4. Dehhudo A. Lexicography. V.6, 9274 pp.;V.7, 10826 pp.; V.8, 12378 pp.; V.9, 13930pp,; V.12, 18586 pp.; V13. 20138 pp. // A. Dehhudo. – Tehran: Publishing-House of Tehran University. 1373 hijra
5. Zokhidov A., Osimova B. The Dictionary of Phraseological Units Referring to Khujand Vernacular. – Khujand: Light of Enlightenment, 2013. – 391 pp.
6. Maksudov T. Lexicon and Phraseology of Isfara Tajik vernaculars. – Khujand: Light of Enlightenment, 2018. – 207 pp.
7. Makhmudov M., Berdiyev P. The Brief Dictionary of Bukhara Vernaculars. – Dushanbe: Knowledge, 1989. – 278 pp.
8. Makhmudov M., Djurayev Gh, Berdiyev B. The Dictionary of Southern Vernaculars of the Tajik Language. – Dushanbe, 2012. – 946 pp.
9. The Dictionary of the Tajik Language. V.1 - 949 pp.; V.2 - 951 pp. // Under the editorship of M. Sh. Shukurov, V.A. Kapranov, R. Khoshim, A. Masumi. – M.: Soviet Encyclopedia, 1969
10. Complete Interpretation Dictionary of the Tajik Language. V.1-949 pp.; V.2 – 944 pp. // Under the editorship of Nazarzoda S. et alia. Dushanbe: Freedom of the Orient, 2011. – 829 pp.
11. Interpretation Dictionary of the Tajik Language.V.1-949 pp.; V.2. – 944 pp. // Under the editorship of Nazarzoda S., Sanghinov A., Karimov S., Sulton M.Kh. – Dushanbe, 2008
12. Tajik-Russian Dictionary. The second edition with addenda, corrections and alterations. Under the editorship of D. Saymiddinov et alia. – Dushanbe: Printing-House under Tajikistan Republic Academy of Sciences, 2006. – 784 pp.
13. Fozilov M. The Dictionary of Phraseological Units. V.1 – 952 pp.; V.2. – 802 pp. // M. Fozilov. – Dushanbe: Tajikistan State Publishing-House. 1963-1964
14. Hondari P. N. Historic Grammar of the Persian Language. Under the editorship of Dr. I. Mustashorniyo. – Tehran: 1372 hijra. – 279 pp.
15. Hasandust M. Etymological Dictionary of the Persian Language. V.1, 585 pp.; V.3, 2080 pp.; V.4, 2955 pp. – Tehran, 1384 hijra
16. Hasanzoda A. Some primordially Iranian Words Being Turkic by their Form in “Badoe-ul-vakoye” by Vosifi // Genuine Mastership of Poetic Speech. – Khujand: Publisher, 2018. – pp. 395-407.
17. Hasanov A. Lexical and Grammatical Elements of Literary Productions of the X-th - the XIII-th Centuries in Northern Vernaculars (Western Ferghana). Monograph // A. Hasanov. – Khujand: Light of Enlightenment, 2003. - 253 pp.
18. Khodizoda R. What Samarkandians Tell. Concise Dictionary of Samarkand Vernacular of the Persian Language. – Mashkhad, 1382 hijra. – 192 pp.
19. Sharifov P. Morphological Peculiarities of Vosifi’s “Badoe-ul-vakoye”. – Dushanbe, 1985. – 215 pp.
20. Shir E. Arabized Persian Words. Translation by Kh. Tabibiyon. – Tehran: The Great Emir, 1389 hijra. – 290 pp.
21. Rakhmon, Emomali. The Language of the Nation Being the People’s Life. Book 2. Language and Epoch. – Dushanbe, 2020. – 431 pp.