The article dwells on the analysis beset with a functional correlation of the semantics of polysemantic univerbs. In the course of the onomasiological analysis of polysemantic univerbs the author of the article considers the correlation of the latters and their semantic interpretation resorting to the well-known interpretational dictionaries, direct and figurative meanings of the components of univerbs, expression of onomasiological categories, actualization of thematic and rheumatic parts, emergence of semantic associations. In a nutshell, the author of the article comes to the conclusion that in the formation of the semantics of polysemantic univerbs, sometimes not one, but two or more initial units are used which are considered to be a logical continuation of each other.
functional correlation, polysemantic univerb, semantic interpretation, thematic and rheumatic parts, onomasiological basis and feature, initial unit, motivating unit
1. Vinogradov V.V. Explorations on Russian Grammar: Selected Works. - M.: Science, 1975. – 559 pp.
2. Vinokur G.O. Notes on Russian Word-Building // Selected Works on the Russian Language. - M.: Publishing-house of the Ministry of Enlightenment of the Russian Soviet Federation Social Republic, 1959. - 419 - 442 pp.
3. Muhammad Ghiyosuddin. Ghiyos-ul-Lughot: in three volumes / Prepared by A. Nurov. – Dushanbe: Man-of-Letters, 1977-1988.-V.1., - 1987. – 480 pp.; -V.2. – 1988, - 416 pp.
4. The Dictionary of the Tajik Language.: in two volumes. –M.: Soviet Encyclopedia, 1969.-V.1.-951 pp .; -V.2. – 952 pp.
5. Persian Dictionary/ Under the editorship of Hasan Amid. – The sixth edition. –Tehran, 1351 hijra.
6. Sakharnyi, L.V. The Structure of Word-Univerb and Context // Word-Building and Semantic-Syntactic Processes in a Language: Collection of Scientific Works of Various Higher Schools. - Perm, 1977. - pp. 27 – 37.