The article dwells on the activity of the famous scientist, academician Muhammad Sayfiddinovich Osimi when a Minister of Education of the Tajik SSR, who was appointed in this position in 1962. It is underscored that at that time elevation of general educational level of the people was an objective need of society. The country introduced compulsory eight-year, and then universal secondary education in the 60-70-ies. In her article the author discloses M.S. Osimi`s activity for the construction of both urban and rural schools, boarding schools for gifted children, organization of schools and extended-day groups, opening of the institutes for a development of teacher`s qualifications, and organization of exchange of experience with teachers from the best schools the country. The author of the article shows his work on organizing training and retraining of teachers, on expanding the contingent of teachers and students, on encompassing the girls of local nationality with education.
Muhammad Osimi, minister of education of the Tajik Soviet Socialist Republic, eight-years education, day care groups, boarding schools, rural schools, girls` enrollment into studies
1. Tajikistan Republic President`s Speech Devoted to the 20-th Anniversary of the State Independence Day of Tajikistan Republic // Jumhuriyat. - 2011. – September 13. - P.1.
2. Shukurov M.R. The Cultural Life of Tajikistan during the Period of Developed Socialism. - Dushanbe: Cognition, 1980. - P.17.
3. Usmonov A. Formation and Development of Tajik Soviet Culture (1917-1991): doctoral dissertation in history. - Dushanbe, 2018. – 200 pp.
4. Reference for Party Worker. - M., 1966.- V. 6, - pp. 357 - 358.
5. Shukurov M.R. The Cultural Life of Tajikistan during the Period of Developed Socialism. - Dushanbe: Cogntion, 1980. - 240 pp.
6. Academician Muhammad Asimov (Osimi) as Outstanding Scientist, Public Figure and Humanist. - Khujand: Publishing-house named after Rahim Jalil, 2000. - 295 pp.
7. The Academy of Sciences of the Tajik SSR. – Dushanbe, 1979. - 323 pp.
8 . Sharipov S. Muhammad Osimi as a Thinker // Khakikati Leninobod (The Truth of Leninabad). 2000. - September 16 - p. 3.