The article dwells on the usage and grammatical peculiarities of adjectival prefixes and degree of application of the latters which formed adjectives referring to the XVIII-th and the XX-th centuries. Such works are taken comparison as "Tuhfat-ul-khoni" by Muhammadwafo Karminagi, productions by S.Aini appertaining to the XX-th century: “The History of Intellectual Revolution in Bukhara”, “The Hero of the Tajik Nation Timurmalik”, “The Revolt Headed by Mukanna”, “Slaves”. It is established that respective of the frequency of usage some word-combinational elements of the correlative literary productions are considered to be productive prefixes and some of them non-productive ones.The prefix ba- in the correlative literary productions is non-productive, while in the modern literary Tajik language it is considered to be one of the most productive ones. In S.Aini`s literary productions the word-forming element ba- acts as a non-productive prefix, while the relevant prefix is actively used in the formation of adjectives both in the modern literary Tajik language and in the literary language of the XVIII-th century.It is underscored that the prefixes be- and no- demonstrate multifunctionality and productivity, as they form an adjective from nominal parts of speech in the correlative literary productions. As a rule, the prefixes bar- and dar- from the point of view of usage refer to the group of non-productive prefixes in the language of the periods under consideration.
modern literary Tajik language, prefix, "Tuhfat-ul-khoni" by Muhammadwafo Karminagi, adjectival prefixes, comparative analysis, degree of application, grammatical peculiarities
1. Azam K.A. Adjectival Prefixes in “Shah-Name” by Hakim Firdawsi`s /K.A.Azam // Bulletin of the Tajik National University. Series of Philological Sciences. - 2013. - № 4/1 (56). – Dushanbe, - pp. 68-74.
2. Azam K.A. Affixal Word-Formation of Adjectives in “Shah-Name” by Abulkosim Firdawsi: synopsis of candidate dissertation in philology: 10.02.22 /G.А. Azam.- Dushanbe, 2013. - 24 pp.
3. Aini, S. Slaves. Novel. - Dushanbe: Children's Literature, 2019, - 488 pp.
4. Aini, S. The Hero of the Tajik Nation, Temurmalik. Muqanna`s Rebellion. Literary and Historical Essays. - Dushanbe: Education and Culture, 2013. - 176 pp.
5. Aini,S. The History of Intellectual Revolution in Bukhara. -V.14. / Compiled by K.S. Aini. - Dushanbe: Press, 2005. - 270 pp.
6. Boboeva М. The Ways of Word-Building by dint of Adjective in Tajik and English Languages Based on the Materials of “Reminiscences” by S.Aini / M. Boboeva // Bulletin of the Tajik National University. Series of Philological Sciences. - 2019. - №4. - pp.123-128.
7. Bobomurodov Sh., Muminova A. A Concise Word-Combinational Dictionary of Tajik Literary Language: manual / Sh. Bobomurodov‚А. Muminova. - Dushanbe, 1983. - 120 pp.
8. A Grammar of Modern Tajik Literary Language. - Dushanbe: Knowledge, 1985, - 356 pp.
9. Modern Tajik Literary Language. P.1. Lexicology. Phonetics. Morphology. - Dushanbe: Cognition, 1973.–450 pp.
10. Zohidov A. The Influence of Russian Language on Word-Combinations of Tajik Literary Language / А. Zohidov. – Khujand: Publisher, 2009. -160 pp.
11. Kalbosi, Iron. The Structure of Word-Combinations in Modern Persian / Iron Kalbosi. The first edition. - Tehran: Publishing-house of the Institute of Cultural Researches and Studies, 1371 hijra.-222 pp.
12. Kalonova M.D. Structural-Semantic Analysis Beset withWord-Building of NominalParts of Speech (noun and adjective) in Hofiz Sherozi`sPoetry: candidate dissertation in philology: 10.02.22 /M.D. Kalonova. - Dushanbe‚- 2017. - 175 pp.
13. Karminagi, M. “Tuhfat-ul-khoni”. Manuscript №1426.The Institute of Language and Literature, Oriental Studies and Written Heritage under the Academy of Sciences of the Republic of Tajikistan / Karminagi K.M.
14. Tabarov, Kh.Н. Lexico-Morphological Peculiarities of the Language of Hoji Hussain Kangurti`s Poetry: candidate dissertation in philology: 10.02.22 /Kh.N. Tabarov. - Dushanbe, 2011.- 168 pp.
15. Tabarov, Kh.N. Lexico-Morphological Peculiarities of the Language of Hoji Hussain Kangurti`sPoetry: synopsis of candidate dissertation in philology: 10.02.22 /Kh.N. Tabarov. - Dushanbe, 2011.- 24 pp.
16. Jobirov A.B. Linguistic Peculiarities of the Book “Part of the Ancient Commentary”: candidate dissertation in philology: 10.02.22 / A.B. Jobirov. - Dushanbe‚2018. - 191 pp.
17. Shansky Н.М. Essays on Russian Word-Building /H.M Shansky. –M.: Moscow University publishing-house, 1968. - 268 pp