The main purpose of the study is to identify the history of the origin (etymology) of the words “truth”, “good”, “beauty” and peculiarities of their functioning in modern Tajik and Russian languages. Proceeding from the most significant etymological dictionaries of the Russian and Tajik languages the author of the article discloses initial, true meanings of the relevant words which over time experienced the influence of various linguistic impacts, on the whole. In the course of the study the explored vocabulary of the Tajik language by its origin is divided into two types: 1) native Iranian vocabulary; 2) Arabic vocabulary. It is underscored that etymological analysis reveals the historical patterns of language development and identifies the general and universal peculiarities of the words in question in the correlative languages. The ways of their implementation in modern Russian and Tajik languages are determined as well.
etymology, etymological analysis, truth, good, beauty, reconstruction, history of words, semantics, structure
1. Goncharov I. An Ordinary History. Novel: Children's Literature. - M., 2004. – 545 pp.
2. Dodikhudoev R.Kh., Herzenberg L.G. The History of the Tajik Language: manual for philological faculties – Dushanbe: Enlightenment, 1987. - 200 pp.
3. Dostoevsky F. M. Complete Compositions: in 30 volumes / editorial board: V. G. Bazanov (editor-in-charge) and others; IRLE. –V. 6. Crime and Punishment: Novel in 6 parts with an epilogue: - L.: Science. Leningrad, 1973. - 423 pp.
4. Dostoevsky F. M. Complete Compositions: in 30 volumes / editorial board: V. G. Bazanov (editor-in-charge) and others; IRLE. -V. 8. Idiot: Novel / preparation I. A. Bityugova, N. N. Solomina. - L.: Science. Leningrad department, 1973. - 511 pp.
5. Krylov G.A. Etymological Dictionary of the Russian Language / G.A. Krylov. - St. Petersburg: Victoria , 2009. - 432 pp.
6. Rastorgueva V.S., Edelman D.I. Etymological Dictionary of Iranian Languages: in 3 volumes. -V. 1 / V.S. Rastorgueva, D.I. Edelman. - M.: Publishing-house of the Oriental Literature of the Russian Academy of Sciences, 2000. - 327 pp.
7. Semyonov Yu. S. It Is Ordered to Survive. –M.: Intern. Relations, 1986. - 392 pp.
8. Turgenev I.S. Mumu. - M.: Astrel: AST, 2008. - 49 pp.
9. Fasmer M. Etymological Dictionary of the Russian Language. In 4 volumes. - V.2 (E - Male) / Translated from German and enlarged by H.E. Trubachyov. The 2-nd edition. - M.: Progress, 1986. - 672 pp.
10. Hasanov A.A. Preservation of the Lexical Features and Grammatical Constructions of the Tajik Language in Northern Dialects (based on written monuments referring to the X-th – the XII-th centuries): synopsis of doctoral dissertation in philology / 10.02.22. - Dushanbe, 2004. - 47 pp.
11. Juraev R. Etymology of 100 Words. - Dushanbe: Enlightenment, - 28 pp.
12. Electronic Jewish Encyclopedia [electronic resource]. URL: http://www.eleven.co.il/article/11447 (Date of request: 10/19/2018).