The article dwells on the study of application of artistic images in the poetry on the example of the creations of the outstanding poet of the XIX-th century, the representative of Kokand literary circle, Amir Umarkhon, who enriched literature with a new palette of colorful images and notions. The author canvasses the issues related to the usage of well-known traditional classical belles-lettres images as follows: assimilation, simile, reminiscence, peculiar vocabulary; the following belles-lettres devices refer to expressiveness: epithet, istiara, assimilation, antitheses for imparting inner psychological state. The author of the article explored a new especial application of uncombinable concepts and words by Amir Umarkhan the fact testifying to his great poetical mastership.
literature of the XVIII-th – the XIX-th centuries, Kokand literary circle, Amir Umarkhon, artistic image, belles-lettres device, phraseological unit
1. Ayni, Sadriddin. Mirzo Abdukodir Bedil. – Stalinabad: Tajik State publishing-house, 1954 (in Tajik).
2. Ayni, Sadriddin. Patterns of Tajik Literature. [Translation into Cyrillic and revision by Mubashir Akbarzoda]. – Dushanbe: Man-of-Letters, 2010. – 438 pp. (in Tajik).
3. Amiri. Divan (Collection of compositions). [Manuscript of the National library of Tajikistan Republic]. N. 11/22. (in Persian).
4. Arberri A. Persian Classical Literature / Translation by Asadullah Ozod. – Tehran, 1374hijra. – 369 pp. (in Persian).
5. Vozeh, Kori Rahmatulloh. Tuhfat-ul-ahbab fi tazkirat-il-ashab [ Critical text with introduction and revision by Asghar Jonfido. Under the leadership of Abdulghani Mirzoyev]. - Dushanbe: Knowledge, 1977. – 227 pp. (in Tajik).
6. Matluba Mirzoyunus. National Literature and Dialogue of Cultures [Collection of articles on literary criticism]. - Khujand: Noshir (Publisher), 2015. – 516 pp. (in Tajik).
7. Ma`sumi, Nosirjohn. The Tajik Literature Referring to the End of the XVIII-th and the Beginning of the XIX-th Centuries. – Dushanbe, 1962. – 368 pp (in Tajik).
8. Ma`sumi, Nosirjohn. The Tajik Literature Referring to the End of the XVIII-th and the Beginning of the XIX-th Centuries. [Selected works]. – V.1.- Dushanbe: Cognition, 1977. – 364 pp. (in Tajik).
9. Namangoni, Fazli. Madjuat-ush-shuaro. – Tashkent, 1900. – 502 pp. (in Persian).
10. Shirinov Najmudin. Development of Gazelle in the Literature of the XII-th Century.// Bulletin of TSU LBP. - Khujand: Noshir (Publisher), -#2. -2014. –PP. 229- 237 (in Tajik).