The article is a complete and versatile characteristic of the book "al-Ansob" ("Genealogy") by Abu Sa'd Abdulkarim Sam'oni (1112 - 1166) being one of the most important and authoritative literary productions devoted to the science of genealogy in the mediaeval Moslemic world. After the definition of genealogy in its meaning (nisba studies) the author adduces the description of the most significant sources of the science in question created before Sam'oni's epoch. There are specified the time of the book's being written, a description of its structure and contents, modes and principles of nisba interpretation are presented, the author gives information about all the editions of the work of Sam'oni, all sources and manuscripts of "al-Ansob" and etc. It is underscored that because of a big volume a number of fragments were reduced, those ones belonging to Ibn Asir, Djaloliddin Suyuti (the XV-th - the XVI cc.) inclusive.
genealogy, Sam' oni, "al-Ansob", nisba, written sources, reduction (talhis), translation, codicology, source
1. Yokuti Hamavi Abuabdullah Yokut ibn Abdullah al-Hamami. Mujam-ul-Buldan. - Beirut: Medicinal Sodium, In 7 volumes.
2. Zahabi, Shamsuddin Muhammad ibn Ahmad. Lifestyle of Scientists and Men-of-Letters. - Beirut: Research Center, 1985, In 25 volumes.
3. Zirikli, Khairiddin. al-Alam. - Beirut: Scientific Encyclopedia , 2002, In 8 volumes
4. Ibn Asir, Izzuddin ibn Asiri Jazari. al-Lubab fi Tahzib al-Ansab. - Baghdad: The Second School, in 3 volumes.
5. Ibni Hallikon, Abulabbos Ahmad ibni Muhammad. Vafiyot-ul-A`yon. – Beirut: The Book Publishing-House, 1998. In 6 volumes.
6. Carl Brockelman. The History of Arabic literature. – Riyoz: Included School, 2004, In 6 volumes.
7. Kifti, Jamoluddin Abulhasan Ali ibn Yusuf. Inb-ur-ruvot. - Cairo: Arabic Ideological publishing-house, 1986, In 4 volumes.
8. Sam`oni, Abdulkarim ibn Muhammad. Al-Ansab / Introduction and Research by Abdullah Umar al-Boroudi. - Beirut: Dor-ul-jinin, 1988, In 5 volumes.
9. Sam`oni, Abdulkarim ibn Muhammad. al-Ansab / Footnoted by Muhammad Abdulqadir Ato. - Beirut: Publishing-house of books and science, 1998, In 5 volumes.
10. Sam`oni, Abdulkarim ibn Muhammad. al-Ansab / revised and enlarged by Sheikh Abdurrahman ibn Yahya al-Mu'allimi Yemoni. - Hyderabad, 1962, In 12 volumes.
11. Subki, Tadjuddin Abunasr Abdulwahab ibn Ali. Tabaqot-shu-Sophia al-Kubro. - Cairo: Re-edition of Arabic Books , In 10 volumes.
12. Omar Riza Kahlo. Co-authors. - Beirut: Arabic literature publishing-house, 1957, In 15 volumes.
13. The Dictionary of Works. Sponsored by Ahmed Samai Geloni. - Tehran: Surush, 1375 hijra.
14. Fuod Sazgyn. The History of Arabic Literature. - Riyoz: Publisher, 1991, In 10 volumes.
15. Hoji Khalifa, Mustafa ibn Abdullah. Discovery. - Beirut: Books and Science Publishing-House, 2005, In 3 volumes.
16. Joseph Illion Sarkis. Collection of Arabic Press. - Cairo: Educational Religious Tenet, In 2 volumes.
Yahya Mahmud ibn Junayd. Abusa'd as-Samani va 'Olamiyyat-as-Saqqa al-Arabyiya. - Riyoz: Disscutional and Presentative Publishing-Center, 2017.