The author of the article makes an endeavour of analyzing translations of phraseological units from Djaloliddin Rumi's "The Poem about the Concealed Sense" into Russian and English languages by means of the device of resorting to calques, or word-for-word transference. It is proved that the theory of non-translatability of phraseological units is deprived of absolute character. She proposes a classification of translation principles in regard to phraseological units. The factological material demonstrates that the word-for-word translation of PhUs into English made by famous Orientalist Ronald Nicolson and the word-for-word translation from analogical ones of Rumi's poem effectuated by Russian translators are quite intelligible for understanding both with English and Russian readers.
Djaloliddin Rumi's "The Poem about the Concealed Sense", translation of "Masnavi Manavi" into Russian and English, R. Nicolson, PhUs, classification of PhUs, making loan translation and non-translatability of PhUs
1. Madjidov Kh. Phraseology of Modern Tajik Language. - Dushanbe, 1982. - 104 pp.
2. Murzoyeva M. M. S. Aini's Phraseological Units and the Ways of their Translation into Russian. wwwdslibnet. (Date of appeal: 05.03.2019)
3. Sayidodjayeva M. S. Comporative Analysis of Phraseological Units of Tajik and Russian Languages (on the Materials of Russian Translation of Rakhim Djalil's Novel "Shurob". - Khujand, 2017.
4. Boymatova D. M. Correlative Analysis of PhUs from the novel "The Daughter of Fire" by D. Ikromi according to Semantics // Bulletin of the Pedagogical University. Dushanbe, 2017, N5 (22). - pp. 90-94
5. Sayfitdinova M. R. Peculiarities of PhUs Translation (on the Material of W. Shakespear's Tragedy "Hamlet" and its Translation into Russian and Tajik). - Scientific Notes of KhSU named after academician B. Gafurov. Series 2016, N3 (48). - pp. 174-180
6. Nicolson R. Commentary to "Masnavi Manavi" by Mavlavi. Translation and Transposition byHasan Lokhuti. In six volumes. - Tehran, 1378 hijra
7. Rumi Djalal ad-Din Mukhammad. The Poem about the Concealed Sense. In two volumes. - M.: Veche, 2013
8. Vinogradov V. V. Introduction into Translatology (general and lexical issues). - M.: Publishing-house of the Institute of general secondary education under RAS, 2001. - 224 pp.
9. Vlakhov S., Florin S. The Non-Translatable in Translation. - M.: International Relations, 1980. - 341 pp.
10. Phraseological Dictionary of Modern Tajik Language (Phraseology Culture). In two volumes. - Dushanbe: Cognition, 1964
11. Phraseological Dictionary of the Russian Language. Under the editorship of A. I. Molotkov. - M.: Soviet Encyclopedia, 1967. - 543 pp.
12. English-Russian Phraseological Dictionary. Compiled by Kunin A.V. – M.: State publishing-house of foreign and national dictionaries, 1955. – 1455 pp.
13. Shansky N. M. Phraseology of Modern Russian Language. - M.: Higher School, 1969. - 231 pp.
14. Stars of Poetry. Under the editorship of E. Djaliashvili , K. Aini's - Dushanbe: Cognition, 1974. - 520 pp.
15. Zamoni Karim. Full Commentary to "Masnavi Manavi". In seven volumes. - Tehran: The News, 1391 hira
16. Mirzoniyo, Mansur. Cultural Allegories. - Tehran: The Great Emir, 1382 hijra. - 1052 pp.