The author of the article has conducted a historico-legal analysis of the activities of militia as a body of state power in the areas of Northern Tajikistan. The role of militia in ascertainment and revelation of crimes is disclosed, promotion of civil persons in maintenance of order is underscored. The order of training and upbringing of militia cadres is shown, characteristics are given in reference to the state of office record keeping in militia bodies; measures aimed at Soviet power consolidation, social and personal security of citizens in populated settlements of Northern Tajikistan in the period of 1924-1929 being nominated. The conclusion is made that at the time pointed the process of improvement of militia bodies activities took place being accounted for by relaxation of punitive policy and reppressions due to the final establishment of Soviet power on the territory of the republic. At this time the activities of militia bodies were rigidly regulated with legislation.
Northern Tajikistan, Tajik militia activities, NKVD (People’s Commissariat for Internal Affairs), Revcom (revolutionary committee), Criminal Investigation Department, investigation of crimes
1. The Struggle for Establishment and Consolidation of Soviet Power in Kodzhent uyezd (a small administrative-territorial unit of that time inherited from prevolutionary Russia) (1917-1920). Collection of Reports. – Leninaad, 1957.
2. Degtyarenko N. D. Development of Soviet Statehood in Tajikistan. – M.: State publishing-house of juridical literature (Gosjurizdat), 1960.
3. Djalilov T. A. Devoted to the Fatherland (From the History of Workers’- Peasants’ Militia in Turkestan (1917 - 1924). – Tashkent: Uzbekistan, 1968.
4. Documentary Materials of the Central State Archive of the Tajik SSR // under the editorship of V.A. Kozachkovsky. – Stalinabad, 1961.
5. For Soviet Turkestan. Collection of Reminiscences. – Tashkent StatePublishing-house, 1963.
6. Inoyatov Kh. Sh. The Victory of Soviet Power in Turkestan. – M.: Thought, 1978.
7. Kahharov A.A. Law Enforcement System of the Tajik ASSR (1924-1929). – Synopsis of candidate dissertation in jurisprudence. – Dushanbe, 1999.
8. Motylev Ya. S., Lysenko Ye. A. Soldiers of Order. Brief Essay on the History of Tajik Militia. – Dushanbe: Cognition, 1967.
9. Mulukayev R. S. Organizal-Legal Foundations of Soviet Militia. Formation (1912-1924). –M.: USSR Academy under Home Affairs Ministry, 1975.
10. Nazarov N. D. The History of Tajik Militia: Stages of Formation, Development and Perfection. – Dushanbe, 2005.
11. Pindyurina N., Akopyan A. V. In Severe Years of Military Intervention and Civil War // Soviet Militia (1917-1928). – M.: Juridical Literature, 1965.
12. Prokopenko V. N., Romanov M. V. Soviet Militia (1917-1920). – M.: Juridical Literature, 1965.
13. Takhirov F. T. Legal System of the Tajik ASSR (1924-1929). – Dushanbe, 1988.
14. TR CSA. –F. 12-26 /c – Inv.1.- Case 6. Protocol-Application from the Chairman of Agricultural Artel of Penjikent Viloyat.
15. TR CSA. – F. 113. – Inv.1. – Case 50 – The Report on the Work of Criminal Investigative Department on the Territory of Penjikent Viloyat.
16. TR CSA. – F.10. –Inv.1. – Case 230. The Report on the Works of Criminal Investigative Department in the Town of Kanibadam.
17. TR CSA – F.9. –Inv.1. – Case 48. The Report on the Work of Criminal Investigative Department in the Town of Ura-Tyube.
TR CSA. – F. 12. – Inv.1. – Case 16. Resolution of Penjikent Viloyat “On Arrangements Targeted at Inculcation of Revolutionary Legitimateness into Masses and at State of Forensic-Investigative Bodies”.