The article dwells on Sana Gaznevi’s spiritual regeneration and influence over the poet’s creative activity in the plane of changes concerned with the context of his poems. While characterizing the two periods of Sanai’s creative activity in the first of which he was an ordinary court versificator, it is underscored that the poet’s spiritual regeneration refers to the second one. It is marked that in the second period Sana created poems under the sway of Sufis and mysticists; thus he made a worthy contribution into the development of Sufi poetry.
Spiritual regeneration of the poet imparted genuine philosophico-mystical, moral-educational and upbringing edifying glamour to his creation. Lyrical images, artistic details of depiction, new notions and terms, new mode of transposition of contents generated a new perception of a belles-lettres word; all this preconditioned the birth of a new form of the word in question, both in prose and poetry that of Sufi mystical literature having no analogues.
Sanai Gaznevi, creative periods, change of moods, sufizm, misticism, Sufi poetry, contents
1. Afloki, Ahmad. Life Description of Mysticists // Shamsiddin Ahmad Afloki. - Tehran: The World of Book, 1362 hijra. – 616 pp.
2. Broyn T. Love Climate Sage. Mutual Influence of Religion and Literature in Khalim Sanai’s Life and Creation (translation by Mehyor Alavi Mukaddam and Mukhammad Djavod Mahdavi) // T. Broyn. – Tehran, 1378. – 575 pp.
3. Broyn T. Persian Sufi Poetry (translation by Madjuddin Kayvoni // T. Broyn. – Tehran, 1378 hijra. – 189 pp.
4. Kadkani, Mukhammadrizo Shafei. In the Climate of Life. Commentaries to Certain Gazels by Khakim Sana Gaznevi // Mukhammdarizo Shafei Kadkani. – Tehran: Informational Data, 1373 hijra, - 299 pp.
5. Kadkani, Mukhammadrizo Shafei. Whips of the Way. Criticism and Analysis of some Kasyds by Khakim Sanai // Mukhammadrizo Shafei Kadkani. – Tehran: Informational Data, 1372 hijra. – 543 pp.
6. Sanoi, Abulmajd Majdid ibni Odam. Divan // Abulmajd Majdud Sanoi: under the editorship of M. Razavi. – Tehran: Sanoi, 1354 hijra, 1354 – 1227 pp.
7. Sanai Abulmajd ibni Odam. The Garden of the Truths and The Rules Following the Way to them // Abulmajd Majdud ibni Odam Sanoi Gaznavi. Under the editorship of M. Razav. – Tehran: Higher School, 1359 hijra. – 875 pp.
8. Sanoi, Abulmajd Majdud ibni Odam. Mesnevis // Abulmajd Majdud Sanai. With the Appendix commenting “The Pilgrimage of Allah’s Slaves to the Place of Return: under the editorship of M. Razavi. – Tehran: Higher School, 1360 hijra. – 381 pp.
9. Sanai Abulmajd Majdud ibni Odam. The Garden of Truths and The Rules of Shariat // Abulamjd Majdud ibni Odam Sanai Gaznavi: preface by K. Olimov. – Dushanbe, 2008. – 666 pp.
10. Khalili, Khalilulokh. Life and Creation of Khakim Sanai // Khalilullokh Khalil. – Kabul, 1384 hijra. – 248 pp.
11. Djami, Abdurakhmon. Compositions. V.8 // Abdurakhman Djami. Compilers: A. Zahuriddinov and A. Mukhammadi Khurosoni. – Dushanbe: Man of Letters; 1990. – 581 pp.