The article dwells on complex words in the Tajik language system formed from the stem of the present tense verb and associated with the number of actively produced units. On the example of the similar components “andoz” and “gir” the author shows arising word-formation series performing an onomasiological analysis beset with complex words, a semantic correlation of components with the usage of extra-linguistic factors, onomasiological categories of words, topic coagulation and updating of the rhematic part being taken into consideration as well. It is determined that the participation of the same component, i.e. joining a similar component to another one, leads to the formation of a word-building series. The word-formation series of complex words that has developed with the components of “andoz” (hukmandoz, kadarandoz, kulukhandoz, koimandoz, sarandoz) and “gir” (magasgir, obgir, kohgazgir) reflects a wide range of lexical meanings of the relevant components. The manifestation of semantic connotations by similar components defines and establishes a new type of connection of the composite ones of complex words, in general.
analogical component, word-formation series, onomasiological basis, onomasiological attribute, onomasiological category, theme, rheme
1. Adlivankin, S.Yu. To the Issue Concerned with Systematic Word Formation // Word-Building and Semantic-Syntactic Processes in the Language. International University of Collection of Scientific Proceedings / S.Yu. Adlivankin - Perm, 1977. – pp. 37-55.
2. Grammar of Modern Literary Tajik Language.-/ Authors: Sh. Rustamov, R. Ghafforov. - Dushanbe: Knowledge, 1985. - V.1. “Phonetics and Morphology” - 355 pp.
3. Kubryakova Ye.S. The Theory of Nomination and Word-Formation // Language nomination: Types of names / Ye.S. Kubryakova. - M.: Science, 1977. - pp. 222 - 303.
4. Muhammad Ghiyosuddin. Ghiyos-ul-Lughot: in 3 volumes / Prepared by A. Nurov. / Muhammad Ghiyosuddin. - Dushanbe: Man-of-Letters, 1977-1988. - V.1-1987. – 480 pp.; -V.2. - 1988. – 416 pp.
5. General Linguistics: Internal Structure of Language / Editor-in-charge: B.A. Serebrennikov. - M.: Science, 1972. – 565 pp.
6. The Dictionary of the Tajik Language. - М.: Soviet Encyclopedia, 1969. - V.1.-951 pp.; -V.2.-952 pp.