The article dwells on the nation-wide character of the usage of individual terms of relationship which are noted by well-known experts of the world and their multifunctional character in languages of different grammatical systems as well. Some terms of relationship of Uzbek and Russian languages are resorted to serving as an illustrative material. To sum it up, the author comes to the conclusion that by the nature of the expression of the degree of relationship they can be divided into two groups: 1) “close relationship”; 2) "distant relationship." In his article the author enumerates lexemes and phrasemes that are used in relation to persons whose family relationships are at the stage of oblivion. Particular attention is paid to the importance of study in regard to the terms of relationship in the languages of different structures as well.
terms of relationship, multifunctional nature, dialect dictionaries, inner family terms, expression of the degree of relationship, languages with different structures
1. Abaev V.I. On Patrimonial Relations and Terms of Relationship among Ossetians // In the book "Engels and Linguistics." - M.: Science, 1971. - pp. 239 - 242.
2. Gukhman M.M. Pre-Indo-European Terms of Kinship in Germanic Languages / In the book. “In Memory of Academician N.Ya. Marr. " - L. - M.: USSR Academy of Sciences, 1938. - pp. 93 - 116.
3. Jafarov G.G. Kinship Terms in Semantic System and Grammatical Structure of the Language // Collection of Works. - 1974. - No. 3. – pp. 29 - 32.
4. Dyrenkova N.P. Marriage, Terms of Kinship, and Psychic Prohibitions among Kyrgyzes // Collection of Ethnographic Material. - L., 1927. - No. 2. - pp. 7 - 25.
5. Ismoilova I. Terms of Relationship in Turkic Languages. - Tashkent: Science, 1966. - 123 pp.
6. Kononov A.N. To the Etymology of the Word “Ogul” ("Son") // Philology and History of Mongolian Nations. In memory of academician B.Ya. Vladimirtsev. - M., 1958. - pp. 175 - 176.
7. Moiseev A.I. Interpretation Types of Kinship Terms in Dictionaries of Modern Russian Language. // In the book "Lexicographical Collection." Issue. V. - M., 1962. - 275 pp.
8. Musaev K.M. The Main Problems Beset with the Study of the Vocabulary of Languages // Soviet Turkology. -1978. - # 3. - pp. 33 - 41.
9. Narzieva M. On-Karindoshlik Nomlaring Component Talili. // Uzbek Language and Literature. - Toshkent, 1986. - No. 5. - pp. 47-48. (in Uzbek)
10. Pokrovskaya A.A. Relationship Terms in Turkic Languages. // In the book. "Historical Development of Lexical Stock in Turkic Languages." - M.: Publishing-House of the Academy of Sciences of the USSR, 1961. - pp. 11 - 81.
11. Saidova M.Sh. Lexical-Semantic Analysis of Kinship Terms in Namangan Vernaculars: Synopsis of candidate dissertation in philology: 10.02.20. / M.Sh. Saidova. - Tashkent, 1995. - 21 pp. (in Uzbek)
12. Sevortyan, E.V. Etymological Dictionary of Turkic Languages: General Turkic and Inter-Turkic Vowel Stems / USSR Academy of Sciences. Institute of Linguistics. - M.: Science, 1974. - 768 pp.
13. Hasanov B. Appeal to others as an Object of Study of Sociolinguistics // In the book "Turkic Linguistics." - Tashkent: Science, - 1985. - pp. 211 - 214.