The author has conducted an etymological analysis of some typological names of Sadai Miyona area in Mountainous Matcha (Kuhistoni Mastchoh nokhiya) whose composition preserved ancient Tajik and Sughdian words. It is asserted that the latters testify to sustainability of toponyms in comparison with other lexical elements of the language, their less liability to change in forms and semantics. The author underscores a regularity of connection between locality name (toponym) and its natural-geographical appurtenance, illustrating his confirmation by taking a number of toponyms with the component “tund” (Tundak, Sari Tundi) as examples. Proceeding from the analysis of the components included into concrete toponyms, those ones of Revad and Shur, he adduces convincing specifications into certain considerations belonging to Albert Leonidovich Khromov, renowned linguist, researcher of Sughdian and Yaghnob languages and also vernaculars of Tajiks living in Mastchoh nokhiya.
Mountainous Matcha vernaculars, Sadai Miyona, toponymics of Sadai Miyona area, Sughdian language, Yaghnob language, etymological analysis, A.L. Khromov
1. Alizoda, B. Some Sughdian Suffixes Forming Specific Geographical Names of the Zarafshan Valley / B.Alizoda.// Rudaki. Literary and Cultural Bulletin of the Cultural Council of the Islamic Republic of Iran in Tajikistan. Tenth year, No. 24, - 1388. - pp. 65 - 74.
2. Lurie, P.B. Historico-Linguistic Analysis Relating to Sughdian Toponymy: synopsis of candidate dissertation in philology / P.B. Lurie - SPb., 2004. - 20 pp.
3. Mahmadjonov, О.О. Toponymy and Microtoponymy of the Northern Part of the Hissar Valley / O.O. Mahmadjonov. - Dushanbe: Shujoiyon, 2010. - 288 pp.
4. Mirzozoda, S. Yagnobi-Tajik Dictionary / S. Mirzozoda. - Dushanbe, 2002. - 235 pp.
5. Rompuri, М. Ghiyos-ul-Lughat / M. Rompuri. -V.1. - Dushanbe: Man-of-Letters, 1987. - 480 pp.; - V.2. 1988. - 416 pp.
6. Rumi, J. Masnavi-i Manavi/ J. Rumi. Revised, enlarged and translated by Badriddin Aliyev and Ali Muhammad Khurosoni. - Tehran, 1379 // 2001. - 728 pp.
7. Rustamov, А. Sughdian Toponyms of Kishtut Gorge / A.Rustamov // Soviet School. - Dushanbe, 1976, №11. - pp. 33 - 38.
8. Tusi, A. Lughati Furs (Farsi Dictionary)/ Asadi Tusi. Introduction, elaboration, analysis, margins and catalogue by N.I. Ghiyosov.- Khujand, 2015. - 320 pp.
9. Khromov, A.L. Vernaculars of the Tajiks Living in Matcha Nokhiya / A.L. Khromov. - Dushanbe, 1962. - 213 pp.
10. Khromov, A.L. Essays on Toponymy and Microtoponymy of Tajikistan / A.L. Khromov. - Dushanbe: Cognition, 1975. - 88 pp.
11. Khromov, A.L. Yagnob Archaisms in Toponymic Names // Iranian Linguistics. History, Etymology, Typology (to the 75-th anniversary of Prof. V.I. Abayev). – M.: Science, 1976. - pp. 160 - 167.
12. Khromov, А. Sughdian Toponymy of Rudaki`s Homeland / A.L. Khromov // To the Memory of Ustod Rudaki (compiled by A. Afsanzod). - Dushanbe: Knowledge, 1978. - pp. 27-31.
13. The Dictionary of the Tajik Language. - V.1. - M.: Soviet Encyclopedia, 1969. - 952 pp.; - V.2. 1969. - 948 pp.