The article is devoted to the participation of foreign experts in the study of the archaeological monuments Sarazm. This site belongs to the Eneolithic era. Archaeological excavations of Sarazm began in 1977 and have been continuing to the present day. The results of researches on Sarazm are of constant interest for foreign scholars. Archaeologists from many countries (Russia, USA, Germany, etc.) took part in the excavations. Scientists from the scientific centers of France are regular participants in the archaeological excavations at Sarasm (A.-P. Frankfort, R. Besenval, B. Leone, F. Brunet, etc.). The author points out that the joint Tajik-French expedition has done a large amount of researches and solved many important issues of the history and archeology of Sarazm. The publications of the French archaeologists are good presentation of the archaeological site of Sarazm in the world of science. Thus, the author notes the important contribution of foreign experts into the study of Sarazm.
archeology, eneolithic monuments, Sarazm, excavations, foreign experts, Tajik-French expedition
1. Brune F., Frankfort A.-P., Razzokov A., Mutan B. Archaeological Research of Sarazm in 2012 by the Tajik-French Joint Expedition (MAFAK) // Archaeological Jobs in Tajikistan. - Issue. 38. - Dushanbe, 2016. - pp. 15 – 39.
2. Brunet F., Frankfort A.-P., Mutan B., Razzokov A., Bezenval R. Archaeological Research of Sarazm in 2014 by the Joint Tajik-French Expedition (MAFAK)// Archaeological Jobs in Tajikistan. Issue. 40. - Dushanbe, 2019. - pp. 65 (64 - 79).
3. Brunet F., Razzokov A., Mutan B. Archaeological Research of Sarazm in 2013 by the Tajik-French Joint Expedition (MAFAK). // Archaeological Jobs in Tajikistan. - Iss. 39. - Dushanbe, 2017. - pp. 20 - 40.
4. The Ancient Cultures of Bactria: Environment, Development, Communications. Thesis of the First Soviet-French Symposium "Archeology of the Ancientest Bactria" (Dushanbe, Oct. 27-Nov 3, 1982)/ Editor-in-charge R.M. Munchaev et al. - Dushanbe: Knowledge, 1982. - 92 pp.
5. Isakov A. Sarazm. - Dushanbe, 1991. -244 pp.
6. Iskhakov A. Sarazm – The Sources of Tajik Nation`s Civilzation - Khujand, 2005. - 402 pp.
7. Karimova G.R., Frankfort A.-P. Sarazm: Research phase - 2008-2018 // Archaeological Jobs in Tajikistan. Issue 40. - Dushanbe, 2019. - pp. 56 – 58.
8. Tajikistan Republic President`s Message to Majlisi Oli (Supreme Council) of Tajikistan. 12/26/2019. - Dushanbe, 2020.
9. Early Medieval Culture of Central Asia and Kazakhstan // Theses and Reports of the All-Union Conference. Panjakent, August 26 - 31, 1977. - Dushanbe, 1977. - 184 pp.
10. Frankfort A.-P., Razzokov A., Mutan B. Archaeological Researches Results
of Protourbah Settlement of Sarazm (Joint Tajik-French Expedition) // Archaeological Jobs in Tajikistan. - Issue 37. - Dushanbe, 2014. - pp. 25 – 78.
11. Isakov A.I., Khol R.Z., Lamberg Karlovsky and Maddin R. Metallurgical Analysis from Sarazm, Tajik SSR//Archal Ometry 29. 1-1987. – London, 1887
12. Francfort, H.P. Excavations of Shortughai Researches on Central Asia. Protohistoric Paris. Diffused by Boccard, 1989 (in French).
13. Francfort, H.P. Nomads and Settled Inhabitants in Central Asia. Under the editorship of Henri-Paul Transform of CNRS. – Paris, 1970 (in French).
14. Fussman, G.; Kellens, J.; Francfort, H.-P.; Tremblay, X.: Aryans, Aryans and Iranians in Central Aisa. (2005) The Institute of Indian Civilization (ISBN) 2-86-803-072-6 (in French).
15. Repertoire of Central Asia Petroglyhs. Under the editorship of Henri-Paul. Trancfort, Jakov A., Sher de Boccard. - Paris, 1999. (in French).