The article under consideration dwells on the category of present tenses in English and Tajik languages. The grammatical category of tense of the verb is a category which expresses the relations between the time of the action and the moment of speech. We have shown different ways of how the English tense forms are expressed in the Tajik language in our examples.
In both English and Tajik, two different forms are used to describe the actions which belong to the present simple tense. We use the auxiliary verb to be in the analytical forms of the English language which literally means being. In the Tajik language the auxiliary verb будан is used which also has the meaning of being. The difference between the English and Tajik languages is that in the English language the auxiliary verb precedes the principal verb, but this is quite vice versa in the Tajik language.
correlating study, English tense forms, Present Tense category, time of action, moment of speech, auxiliary verb, principal
1. AkhmanovaO.S.Linguistic Terminology Dictionary М.: Soviet Encyclopedia, /O.S. Akhmanova,- 1966. – 607 pp.
2. Gurevich V.V. The Theoretical Grammar of the English Language. Comparative Typology of the English Language- /V.V.GurevichM.: Sceince 2003.– 168 pp.
3. Ivanova I. P. The System of Aspectual-Temporal Verb Forms.In the book: /I.P. Ivanova, V.V. Burlakova. Theoretical Grammar of Modern English, - M.: Higher School, 1981. -348 pp.
4. Usmonov K.U. The Theory of English Grammar /K.U. Usmonov. – Dushanbe,-Khujand: The Light of Enlightenment, 2010. –236 pp.
5. Ganshina M.A., Vasilevskaya N.M. English Grammar. Ninth` edition, revised. Higher School Publishing House, / M.A.Ganshina, N.M. Vasilevskaya 1964. -540 pp.
6. Traugott E.C. New English Grammar, Logical and Historical. Part I, / E.C. Traugott Oxford, 1892. -318 pp.
7. Voynich E.L. The Gadfly, - Dushanbe: Enlightenment, 1982. -320 pp.
8. FiruzB. If he Were a Man.., - Dushanbe: Man-of-Letters, 1987. -384 pp.
9. Jalil R. Favorite Novels, II p. Dushanbe: Man-of-Letters, 1988. -466 pp.
10. Stevenson R.L. Treasure Ireland. - Stalinabad: State Publishing-House of Tajikistan 1952. -260 pp.
11. Ulugzoda C. Aged Sages. - Dushanbe: Enlightenment, 1980. -18 pp.
12. Dickens Ch. M. Martin Chuzzlewit.-M.: Foreign languages publishing-house, 1951. -256 pp.
13. Harragd H. King Solomon’s Mines, M.: Foreign languages publishing-house, 1972. -224 pp.
14. Stevenson R.L. Treasure Iseland. The third edition, - M.: Foreign Languages Publishing-House, 1963. -280 pp.
15. Voynich E.L. The Gadfly, - M.: Foreign Languages Publishing House, 1954. -332 pp.