Proceeding from the controversies between two prominent Tajik poets - Loik Sherali and Qutbi Kirom the authors canvass the peculiarities of the discussion genre. In the history of the Tajik literary criticism no particular attention was paid to the specificity and content of the genre of discussion or controversy, the degree of its significance being rarely taken into account. Designing on the premise of consideration beset with the discussion between the two poets, the authors of the article reveal that interference of poets in many cases corresponds to evolution of literary views or an influence of a foreigner, as evidenced by the testimony of litarary0critical works. In a nutshell, the authors come to the conclusion that the content of the discussion between the two well-known man-of-letters serves as one of the most important sources for the study and interpretation of stormy literary theories and views of the relevant period.
Loik Sherali, Qutbi Kirom, literary polemics, literary trends, discussion genre, literary views
1. Akbarov, Yu. The Saint Task of a Literary Critique / Yu. Akbarov, // The Voice of the Orient. – 1985. – №12. - pp. 104 - 113.
2. Akbarov, Yu. Quality Should Be the Main Criterion / Yu. Akbarov // The Komsomol of Tajikistan. – 1986. – February 2. – p. 3
3. Kirom, K. The Speaker`s Position and Responsibility / K. Kirom // Literature and Art. – 1986. – March 6. – №10 (230).– pp. 8 - 9.
4. Sharipov, Kh. Content and Expression in Modern Tajik Poetry / Kh. Sharipov // The Voice of the Orient. – 1983. – №3. – pp. 107 - 113.
5. Sherali, L. Feelings and Thoughts Privilege / L. Sherali // The Voice of the Orient. – 1981. – №6. – pp. 35 - 43.
6. Sherali, L. The River is Flowing... the Response to the Article of Kirom K. “The Speaker`s Position and Responsibility” / L. Sherali // Literature and Art. – 1986. – April 23. – №17 (237). - pp. 10 – 11.