The main purpose of the article is to study the complex diplomatic relations between Tsin Empire (1644-1910) and Kokand Khanate (1709 - 1876). It is underscored that diplomatic relations between them were established after the empire had seized Eastern Turkestan in 1759 and increased the danger of China's expansion into Kokand khanate. Initially, Tsin empire did not recognize Kokand as an equal, therefore, most researchers consider Kokand to be a vassal of Tsin empire. The facts that refute the prevailing opinion are given in the article. The author adduces the fact that China annually paid Kokand 200 silver yambs for keeping under house arrest the former rulers of Eastern Turkestan - the Khojagon family. Proceeding from historical sources, the author of the article proves that since the 20-ies of the XIX-th century the situation changed. As a result of the successful military operations of Kokand, Tsin empire was forced not only to reckon with Kokand, but it signed a humiliating agreement on January 23, 1832 either. Since that time, Eastern Turkestan nominally subordinate to China paid taxes to Kokand Khanate.
Eastern Turkestan, Tsin empire, Kokand Khanate, the “khojagon” family, refutation of Kokand vassality, Kokand agreement with China, Kokand rulers
1. Akhmedov B. The Role of Historical Sources of Central Asia in the Study Beset with Trade, Political and Cultural Ties of Central Asia with China in Middle Ages / History Lessons. - Tashkent: Kituvchi, 1994. – pp. 269 - 277.
2. Akhmedov B. Chokan Valikhanov on the History of Central Asia / History Lessons. - Tashkent: Kituvchi, 1994. - pp. 179-184.
3. Beysembiev T.K. "Ta`rihi Shahrukh" as a Historical Source. - Alma-Ata: Science, 1987. - 200 pp.
4. Bobobekov H. Table of Some Contradictions in the Studies of Historians about the Periods of the Reign of Kokand Knanate // Materials of the Republican scientific-theoretical conference. May 14, 2004 - Kokand, 2004. - pp. 19.
5. Valikhanov C.Ch. About the Uprising in Kashgar in 1825-1826 / Collected works in five volumes. Volume II - Alma-Ata: The main edition of the Kazakh Soviet Encyclopedia, 1985. - pp. 344-348.
6. Valikhanov C.Ch. Information about the War of Kokandians with China in Kashgar in 1830 / Collected Works in five volumes. Volume II - Alma-Ata: The main edition of the Kazakh Soviet Encyclopedia, 1985. - pp. 349-354.
7. Valikhanov C.Ch. Draft Material about the Uprising in Kashgar in 1825 / Collected works in five volumes. Volume II - Alma-Ata: The main edition of the Kazakh Soviet Encyclopedia, 1985. - pp. 319-322.
8. Valikhanov C.Ch. Draft Outline of Uprisings in Kashgar / Collected works in five volumes. Volume II - Alma-Ata: The main edition of the Kazakh Soviet Encyclopedia, 1985. - pp. 341-343.
9. Valikhanov C.Ch. Collected Works in five volumes. Volume II - Alma-Ata: The main edition of the Kazakh Soviet Encyclopedia, 1985. - pp. 320. (416 p.)
10. Valikhanov C.Ch. On the State of the Altyshar, or Six Eastern Cities of the Chinese Province of Nan-Lu (Lesser Bukharia) in 1858-1859. Historical essay / Collected works in five volumes. Volume III - Alma-Ata: The main edition of the Kazakh Soviet Encyclopedia, 1985. - pp. 124-156.
11. Valikhanov C.Ch. Collected Works in five volumes. Volume III - Alma-Ata: The main edition of the Kazakh Soviet Encyclopedia, 1985. - pp. 115-351.
12. Kutlukov M. The Relationship of Tsin China with Kokand Khanate // China and Neighbors in the New and the Newest Time. - M.: Science, 1982. - pp. 203-216.
13. Kuznetsov V.S. Economic Policy of Tsin Government in Xinjiang. - M.: Science, 1973. - pp. 136-137.
14. Kuldoshev Sh. T. Umarhon Davrida Cookon-Hitoy Alokalari. - Kokand-Chinese Relations under Umar Khan // The Role of the City of Margilan in the History of World Civilization / Materials of the International Conference on the 2000th anniversary of the city of Margilan. - Tashkent-Margilan: Science, 2007. - pp. 125-127.
15. Kuldoshev Sh. T. The Activities of Ambassadors in Diplomatic Relations of Kokand Khanate with China // From the History of Embassies of Uzbekistan. - Toshkent: Adabiyot uchqunlari, 2018. - pp. 242 - 254.
16. Mirza Shams Bukhari. On Certain Events in Bukhara, Kokand and Kashgar. Edition of the text with translation and notes by V.V. Grigoriev.// Scientific notes of Kazan University. - Kazan, 1861. Books: I-II.
17. Ploskikh V.M. Kyrgyz and Kokand Khanates. - Frunze: Science, 1977. - 367 pp.
18. "Tazkira-i Azizan" by Muhammad Sadyk Kashgari - Historical source. //http://uyghurtoday.com / 2016/05/29 / vooruzhennye-sily-ujgurskogo-gosudarstva-jettishar-1865-1877-gg / (The date of request: March 6, 2018)
19. Tursunov B.R. Diplomatic Relations of Kokand Khanate under the Rule of Muhammad Ali Khan (1822-1842) // Scientific notes of KhSU named after acad. B. Gafurov. - 2019. - No. 1. - pp. 20-26.
20. Tozhir Khujandy. Garoyib the Barn. Translation and commentary by W. Sultonova // Chrestomathy on the History of Uzbekistan. Volume III XVI-XIX centuries. - Tashkent: Science, 2014. – pp. 85-96.
21. Nazarov F. Notes on Some Peoples and Lands of the Middle Part of Asia. - St. Petersburg: Imperial Academy of Sciences, 1891. - 98 pp.
22. Hudoyrzoda. Anjum at-tavorich. Stars of History / Translated from Persian into Uzbek by Sh. Vohidov. - Tashkent, 2010. – 219 pp.