The article reveals history, nature and content of holidays and their place in the traditional culture of the Tajik people. Designing on the premise of the rich and ancient history, the author of the article provides brief information about the origin and evolution of leisure and festive national traditions. It is noted that the need to study festive rituals is based on the development of social and philosophical essence of the aspects of festivities, especially national calendar holidays Navruz, Mehrgon, Sada and Tirgon.The study of festive rituals makes it possible to more vividly perceive the true essence of the humanity of festivities based on modern worldviews and ideas. The article analyzes a classification of the types of holidays based on the views of scientists – historians:D.M. Ghenkin, N.V. Semyonova, M. Rakhimov, S.A. Abashin, M. Nazarov. The own judgements of the authors are present in the article as well.
holidays, festive culture, traditions, rites, rituals, Navruz, calendar holidays, state holidays, national holidays.
1. Abashin S. N. Does it Concord with Sound Sense? (To the issue of “rationality // irrationality” of expenditures for rituals in Middle Asia) // Eurasia. People and Myth // Compiler and editor-in-charge: S. Panarin. – M.: Natalis, 2003. – pp. 217 – 238.
2. Belousov Ya. Old and New Holidays (some philosophical aspects of the problem concerned with celebration of holidays) // Alma-Ata: Kazakhstan. 1974. – 213 pp.
3. Ghenkin D. M. Mass Holidays. –M.: Enlightenment, 1975 – 140 pp.
4. Guzhova I. V. State Holiday as a Social-Communicative Technology // http: (Date of request: 12 May, 2020)
5. Any other Holiday // http: (Date of request: 12 May, 2020)
6. Mazayev A. I. Holiday as a Social-Artistic Phenomenon. M.: Science, 1978. – 392 pp.
7. Nazarov M. We and Customs with Rules // Education and Culture. – 1983, March 25
8. Negmati A. E. Agricultural Calendar Holidays of Ancient Tajiks and their Ancestors. – Dushanbe: Knowledge, 1989. – 126 pp.
9. Rakhimov M. I. The Edition “Tajik Soviet Encyclopedia. Volume II. – Dushanbe, 1980. – 539 pp.
10. Rakhmonov E. On Regulation of Folks Rites and Customs. – Dushanbe: Freedom of the Orient, 1999. – 32 pp.
11. Semyonova N. V. To the Issue of Classification of Mass Holidays // Club and Harmonious Development of Individual. – L., 1976. – pp. 133 – 135.
12. Sneghiryov I. M. Russian Holidays of Common People and Superstitions Rites. –M.: Soviet Russia. 1990. – 77 pp.
13. The Message of Tajikistan Republic President, Leader of the Nation Reverend Emomali Rakhmon to International Scientific Symposium “Exploration of Ancient Culture: from yesterday to nowadays”. 22.10.2019. Dushanbe // http: (Date of request: 23.05.2020)