The article dwells on the family, industrial and public everyday life of the craftsmen-bakers of Khujand-city referring to the end of the XIX-th – the beginning of the XX-th centuries. The author gives information concerned with the family form and relationships in it, she studies various forms beset with industrial and social everyday life of craftsmen-bakers. The author touches on the question of the influence of the bakers` craft over their family and social life. In her article the author briefly characterizes the most famous festivals of the population of Khujand-city referring to the period of the end of the XIX-th – the beginning of the XX-th centuries. The article under consideration is written on the grounds of scientific works of the Tajik Soviet historians and field explorations as well.
Central Asia, Khujand-city, craftsmen-breadbakers, patriarchal family, festivals and rites, mutual aid, relatives
1. Grebenkin A.D. Tajiks // Russian Turkestan. – Issue 2. – M., 1872. – pp. 1 – 50.
2. Lykoshin N.S. Half of Life in Turkestan. Essays of Everyday Life of Native Population. – P.: Kolokolnaya (Bell Tolls) 14, 1916. – 415 pp.
3. Mirbabayev A.K. Historical Legacy of Khujand. - Dushanbe: Cognition, 1995. – 159 pp.
4. Mirbabayev A., Rahimov N. Navruz in Khujand: Origins and Traditions // Scientific Notes of KSU named after acad. B. Gafurov. - Khujand‚ 2010. № 1 (21). – pp. 119 – 132.
5. Nalivkin V.P., Nalivkina M. Essay of Everyday Life Concerned with the Women of Settled Native Population of Ferghana. – Kazan: Publishing-house of the Emperor`s University, 1886. -244 pp.
6. Peoples of Central Asia and Kazakhstan (People of the World. Ethnographical Sketches) / Under the general editorship of S.P. Tolstov, T.A. Zhdanko, S.M. Abramzon, N.A. Kislyakov. – V.1. – M., 1962. – 769 pp.
7. Negmati A.E. Navruz Holiday in Khujand // Explorations on the history and culture of Leninabad. - Dushanbe: Knowledge, 1986. – pp. 234 – 239.
8. Sukhareva O.A. Late Feudal Bukhara-City in the XIX-th – the Beginning of the XX-th Centuries, craftsmanship industry. - Tashkent: Publishing-house of the Uzbek SSR AS, 1962. – 235 pp.
9. Tursunov N.O. The City of the Sun. - Dushanbe: Cognition, 1989. – 160 pp.
10. Tursunov N.O. From the History of Urban Crafts of Northern Tajikistan. - Dushanbe: Knowledge, 1974. – 208 pp.
11. Tursunov N.O., Isamitdinov Dj. Woodworking Crafts and Trades of Khujand Referring to the End of the XIX-th – the Beginning of the XX-th Centuries (historic-ethnographic exploration). – Khujand. 2012. – 284 pp.