The author has conducted a classification of the second sub-system of musical terminology. The analysis of musical terminology in Russian and Tajik languages shows that it is a unity of two subsystems. The first subsystem is a common musical terminology (designations of the subsystem being conventional and they are used only for the given case), it is “perfunctory” being more intelligible for a wide circle of language bearers. It includes names of musical instruments, musical professions, sorts of musical productions and etc. The second subsystem is a specific musical terminology – being more detailed, it is profound in it content and it is more specified. It includes nominations of different kinds of musical sounds, consonances, sonorous systems, elements of note letter, ways of sound extraction, nuances of performance features and etc. Lexico-semantic groups of the given subsystem are singled out. The author of the article adduces functioning of terms in the texts dwelling on musical interpretation, correlated Russian and Tajik equivalents resorting to their interpretation in specialized dictionaries.
musical terminology, semantic field, lexico-semanitc group, equivalent, borrowing, interpretation, functioning
1. Asafyev B.V. Russain Music: the XIX-th and the Beginning of the XX-th Centuries. – L.: Music, 1979. – 344 pp.
2. Zryakovsky N.N. General Course of the Knowledge of Instruments. – The 2nd edition, revised. – M.: Music, 1976. – 473 pp.
3. Kadtsyn L.M. Musical Art and Listener`s Creation: manual for Higher Schools. – M.: Higher School, 1990. – 303 pp.
4. Kalinina N.A. Yearning for Ideal: Etudes on Music. – Rostov-on-the-Don, 1987. – 144 pp.
5. Kon Yu.G. Issues of Analysis in Reference to Modern Music: Articles and Researches. – L.: Soviet Composer, 1988. – 220 pp.
6. Krasinskaya L.E., Utkin V.F. Elementary Theory of Music: manual. – The 4-th edition, enlarged. – M.: Music, 1991. – 334 pp.
7. Milto I.P. Let`s Speak about Music: book for youth. – Minsk, 1989. – 80 pp.
8. Porvenkov V.G. Acoustics and Tuning of Musical Instruments: methodical manual on tuning. – M.: Music, 1990. – 192 pp.
9. Russian-Tajik Dictionary. – M.: Russian Language, 1985. – 1280 pp.
10. Russian-Tajik Dictionary of Art Terms. – Dushanbe: Central Editorial Board on Tajik National Musicology. 2003. – 272 pp.
11. Serov A.N. Articles about Music. In seven issues. Issue 5 // Compilation, editorship and commentaries by V.V. Protopopov. – M.: Music, 1989. – 347 pp.
12. Sposobin I.V. Musical Term: manual. – The 7-th edition. – M.: Music, 1984. – 400 pp.
13. Sposobin I.V. Elementary Theory of Music. – the 8-th edition. – M.: Music, 1985. – 199 pp.
14. Ukolov V.S., Rybakina Ye.L. Music in Stream of Time. – M.: Young Guard, 1988. – 320 pp.
Chizhova I.A. Music of Times. – Irkutsk: Eastern-Siberian publishing-house of books. 1990. – 208 pp