The article is devoted to the studying of the peculiarities of the inflectional homomorphem “-er”and its equiualents in the Tajik language. Here it is specified that the homomorphe “-er” is able to build not only nouns, but comparative degree of descriptive adjectives either. The homomorphemes “-ӣ” and “-ак”, and also suffixes “-гар”and“-тар” are considered to be Tajik equivalents of the homomorphe “-er”. The investigation reveals that the homomorphem “-er” in modern English is a very reproductive suffix which is able to build nouns with the meaning of a doer of action or the meaning of a doer of instrumental action. The result of the research shows that the number of morphemes with the meaning ofa doer of the action or the meaning of a doer of action by instrument is more than in English. According to this fact, the author points out to the variety of functions of the mentioned morphemes in the Tajik language. The analyzed morphemes can build not only nouns but other parts of speech either. However, the number of functions of the homomorpheme “-er” is limited; i.e. that the given morpheme forms only nouns and comparative degree of adjectives in Modern English.
флективная омоморфема“-er”, таджикский эквивалент, суффикс, качественные прилагательные, степень сравнения, синтетические и аналитические формы, значение исполнителя действия
1. Ahmadova U. Multifunctional Affixes and their Value in Teaching Mother Tongue // Soviet School, 1970. – № 9. – pp. 7-11.
2. Arbekova T.I. Lexicology of the English Language. Manual. – М., 1977. – 240 pp.
3. Zyatkovskaya R.G. The System of Suffixes in Modern English.– М., 1971. – 200 pp.
4. Karashuk L.M. Affixal Word-Building in the English Language. – М., 1965. –175 pp.
5. Rustamov Sh. Noun. Grammatical Categories, Word-Building and Role of Noun in Parts of Speech System. – Dushanbe, 1981. – 210 pp.
6. Rustamov Sh. Formbuilding of Noun.– Dushanbe, 1971. – 80 pp.
7. Usmonov K. Contrastive Grammar of English and Tajik Languages. Textbook.– Khujand, 2017. – 372 pp.
8. Usmonova M. Abdulloev M. On the Inflectional Homomorphem“-ed” in the Morphological System of the English Language// The Symposium of Scientific Articles. Khujand:Light of Enlightenment, 2017, – 268 pp